|•||Oil & Gas
Data Centers are the "nerve centers" of the new economy –special environments that boast the latest technology and computing processes. The purpose of the data center is to centralize and consolidate IT resources, thereby giving business the infrastructures that offer 24/7 availability, 365 days a year.
Designed to offer around the clock business continuity and uninterrupted services for mission critical data operations, they often have different requirements to that of traditional office network physical layer systems.
Castle can manage the entire turn-key project whether you are building,
expanding, or relocating your data center, computer room, Hub switching room,
installing computer room air conditioning, upgrading your UPS, or adding a
generator system. Our profession engineers will ensure your project meets local
and international electrical, mechanical, and building codes; and monitor and
control the project stays on schedule and within budget cost.
Castle is a licensed UPS contractor and has the experience and expertise to
manage all aspects of planning, design, engineering, and construction of your
Computer room, Data center, or Telecommunication room. Our product range is wide
and comprehensive which is stated as below.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply system (UPS)
- Precision Air Conditioning system
- Raised Flooring system
- Fire suppression system (FM200)
- Computer Room Management system
- Electrical Installation
- Access control
- Factory-terminated "Plug&Go" Solutions
- Cabling Systems for Data Centers
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is a device to supply continuous and clean power to computer systems with following critical features:
- Provide stable, clean and uninterruptible power supply range from 5KVA to 800KVA
- Battery back up time from 10 min to 8 hours
- Parallel operation of up to 8 units, providing system redundancy
CRAC are specially designed to remove concentrate heat from the computer room and maintain the optimum operating environment
- Tight temperature control +/- 1 C
- Precise Humidity Control +/- 5% RH
- 90% sensible cooling capacity and 99.9% dust removing (EU4filter)
- Various cooling methods: Air; water; Chilled water and Twin-cooled.
Proper design and installation of a power distribution system for the computer room requires specialized skills. The service such as determining of power requirement, dual power feeding, computer safety ground, power touting, sizing on power cable and arrester, circuit breaker selection will be adopted.
Most computer rooms are equipped with the following fire protection devices:
- Fire detection and alarm system
- FM200 gas extinguishing system
- Smoke detector and temperature alarm
- Emergency power cutoff system
Raised floor is a requirement to be used in computer room. It provides the following advantages:
- Act as an air passage for conditioned air distribution
- Easily for network cabling and access to any part of void
- Protect the network and power cable as well as plug and socket
- Maintain a clean environment
- Anti-static environment for computer equipment
- Air outlet panel can be easily move together with computer system
Provide our customers with computer room management system which can alert the off-site support staff of alarms or status on the site and key features are as below:
- Monitor most kinds of equipment like UPS, Air Cooling System; Smoke and Water Detection, Battery and Security system etc.
- Standard sensors for Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Current etc.
- Send alarm alert through SMS, email or Client software that prompt action can be taken immediately.
Ups system would be useless if there is no reliable support of battery bank. One single bad cell can result in open circuit and deteriorate whole string.
Castle provides battery monitoring solution to find out failure batteries that you can be given advance notice and take action before serious problems happened.
- Monitoring total and single battery voltage, string current and temperature etc.
- Offer immediate warning of deterioration and imminent failure of batteries.
- Clarify individual batteries which is beyond standard
- Decrease the possibility of whole battery string damage.
- Interruptible monitoring when discharge, recharge and floating.
- Keep history record that you can analysis and evaluate battery performance.
- Correct management of the data center’s physical layer infrastructure can have a direct impact on network operation and facilities
- Advanced cabling solutions that allow for adaptive design of the physical infrastructure to meet unique data centre requirements is the key to success
- Solutions that provide data center’s with a flexible solution that will extend the life of the cable plant, reduce obsolescence, and offer a clear upgrade path to future applications
Design requirements include
- Data centre sizing and site selection
- Data centre cabling infrastructure admin
- Architectural and structural
- Security and fire protection
- Electrical, grounding and mechanical
- Application distances
- Access provider coordination and demarcation
- Managing Downtime –Planned or Outages
- Assessing remote back up requirements
- Company Technology Roadmap
- Current & future technology requirements
- Mainstream or early adopter
- Environmental Control / Fire Prevention
- Use of high-density storage & server technologies
- Increased demand for power and cooling
- Ventilation –"Hot Spots"
- Redundancy and diversity–For HVAC, electrical, water, etc.
- Tiered Security–Push-button entry pads, electronic swipe cards, advanced biometric scanning devices
- Safe from external and internal attacks.
- Reduce risk: likelihood, frequency & impact of loss events
- to meet required service levels
- more critical applications
- reduce operating costs
- provide a "complete view if the network.
- reduce capital expenditure
- ease expansion
- support new applications
- Careful Planning is essential
- All components used should be designed to work together
- Flexibility is key to ensure future requirements are met
- Poor planning can lead to extra costs when changes are required
- Cooling, power, and grounding become even more critical
- Cable management in "premium space"
- Rack space "conservation" -BIG hardware
- Security is "top of mind"
- Bullet-proof glass
- Biometric authentication
- 24x7 video surveillance
- Redundant generators (90 day fuel supply)
- 50k sq. ft. bunker for 25 megaton nuke blast
Cabling Systems for Data Centers
Factory-terminated "Plug&Go" Solutions
- High port density
- Pre-terminated connectors
- Easy-mate interconnections
- MRJ21 System
- Max. 48 RJ-45 Ports/1 U
- Robust, screw-locked MRJ21 connection
- MPO System
- Up to 72 fibers/1 U
- LC, SC or MT-RJ interfaces
- OS2 and OM3 performance
- Secure System
- Physical and optical coding
- 100% protection against improper connections
- Plug&Go, No termination
Due to the increasing demands on technology and capacity, the number of network connections in a Data Center is continually increasing. Irrespective of the connection type, the highest possible port density supported by a scalable, modular cabling system is a critical requirement of the modern Data Center.
The AMP NETCONNECT Data Center Cabling Systems provide those key features which traditional cabling systems cannot offer. Connectors that are terminated and tested in the factory, enable you to deploy real "Plug&Go" solutions. Pre-terminated highpair/ high-fiber cable assemblies which connect to modular breakout cassettes give flexible and fast deployment of Copper and Fiber Optic solutions within the Data Center.
The core of the MPO Fiber Optic Cabling System is the MTFerrule. This precision component allows 12 fibers to be housed within a single connector that is half the size of an SC connector. Therefore, you can connect 12 fiber links simultaneously – each capable of 10 Gb/s.
The MRJ21 Copper Cabling System is designed with similar functionality, terminates 24 twisted pairs in a compact 48 pin connector. Therefore, one MRJ21 link can support 6 x Gigabit Ethernet ports or 12 x Fast Ethernet ports, depending on the performance requirement.
Once installed, these systems provide easier on-going management and are more cost-effective over the life-time of the installation compared with traditional cabling systems.
The MPO system is an excellent choice for many fiber applications. Modular components are the key to fast deployment, simple installation, capital effectiveness and network flexibility. Pre-terminated trunk cables, breakout cassettes and cable assemblies are the basic modular components needed for a complete network.
- Factory terminated and tested high-density MPO connectors
- 12 fibers per connector
- MPO push-pull type connectors
- Available in various length (10 m to 300 m) and fiber types(OM1, 2, 3 or OS2)
- These breakout cassettes are transitions between MPO and standard interfaces (LC, SC, MT-RJ)
- Fit into 19_ patch panels (up to 3 cassettes per 1U) or wall mount enclosures (up to 6 cassettes)
- Suitable for 12 or 24 fibers per cassette
- Allow up to 72 fibers per 1U
- From distribution cable to single fibers
- Couples with MPO adaptors
- Available in LC, SC Duplex, MT-RJ or ST
- Reduces the need for patch panels
The MRJ21system is a high-density, high-performance modular system. This Tyco Electronics solution is designed to deliver multiple Gigabit Ethernet ports in a high-density package that fully supports PoE. The twenty-four pair cabling and connector solution supports any plug and play environment including Data Centers. MRJ21 trunk cables, cassettes and cable assemblies are the basic components of this modular connectivity solution.
- 48 pin MRJ21 connectors terminated to high-performance powersum 24 pair cables
- Factory terminated and tested
- Available in various length (1 m to 90 m) and jacket types
- Reverse polarity protection
- These breakout cassettes are transitions between MRJ21 and RJ-45 interface
- 6 port cassettes for 1000Base-T (4 pair service)
- 12 port cassettes for 10/100Base-T (2 pair service)
- Also available as fully integrated 19_ patch panel
- Allows up to 48 RJ-45 ports per 1U
- Application specific
- MRJ21 to 6 RJ-45 plugs (1000Base-T, 4 pair)
- MRJ21 to 12 RJ-45 plugs (10/100Base-T, 2 pair)
- For building "Service Presentation" and reduction of discrete links
In line with the desire of organizations to provide more performance in less space within their Data Center environment whilst meeting power consumption objectives, AMP NETCONNECT has realized the need to develop focused product sets for these environments that meet the design objectives of guaranteed high density performance, seamless migration and user flexibility at a reduced power level.
This provides some advantages:
- Better airflow in racks and raised floors
- Less power consumption
- Allows cost efficient cold and warm areas
Using smart cabling to improve spaces and airflows, active cooling can be focused on the areas
where high heat dissipation is require and not be wasted on cooling traditional passive cable
systems. Using pre-terminated systems has the additional advantage of flexibility,
being able to
allow adds, moves and changes within minutes.